1. In September 2016, L&R Investment and Trading Company, incorporated in China, entered into a contract with government to supply meters to ECG.
2. The then Ministry of Power, now Ministry of Energy, through the Ministry of Finance made a payment of US$36 million to L & R Investment and Trading Company Limited out of total contract value of US$39,999,566.44.
3. The contract was to be executed within a period of 26 weeks and an advanced payment of US$12 million was made to L&R Investments plus a Letter of Credit (LC) of US$24 million.
4. The agreement was that, ECG officers be sent to China where the meters will be produced for assessment and make sure that the meters will meet our standards. This was not done.
5. Again, few of the meters were to brought in Ghana for testing and piloting purposes before the the whole consignment could be brought in. This too was also abused and ignored.
6. There were again procurement breaches.
Source|osimpamfm.com|Richard Owusu Tawiah